FIRE ALARM SYSTEM DOCUMENTATION RETRIEVAL, EVALUATION & REPAIR
Having all of the documentation required for a spot inspection by a FDNY field inspector is essential. Do not subject yourself to summons or fines! Using FireAlarm.com’s team of Engineers & Expeditors simplifies this extremely difficult task of navigating the Buildings Department and Fire Department to acquire the documentation you need!
Our team focuses on tracking down and getting copies of your Fire Department Letter of Approval, Letter of Defect, Applicable Summons, Department of Buildings Certificate of Occupancy and much more. Our Engineering team will be able to access the Department of Buildings and Fire Department websites, visit their locations and find all of the required documentation you need for your fire or life safety system(s).
The following is a list of code compliant record requirements all buildings are required to have:
- Fire Alarm System Riser Diagram, framed and mounted adjacent to the main fire command panel.
- Fire Alarm System Basic Operating Instructions, framed and mounted adjacent to the main fire command panel.
- Fire Alarm System Smoke Detector Maintenance Log Book with data entries and signed by an FDNY Approved Certified S-98 Certificate of Fitness holder.
- Service records, showing the code compliant required semiannual testing & inspection of all fire alarm system panels, peripherals, power supplies, standby batteries, etc. Service ticket field work orders and Preventative Maintenance ticket field work orders outlining services and equipment provided and signed by an approved Fire Alarm Technician.
- Current Department of Buildings Certificate of Occupancy.
- Fire Alarm System Fire Department Letter of Approval.
- Copy of Fire Department Approved and Signed Off drawing set including floor plans with all peripherals, by floor & a corresponding riser diagram.
- Fire Department Letter of Defect and documentation substantiating corrective action taken and completed.
We provide only knowledgeable and experienced engineers and expeditors. They are trained with the know-how to get you what you need!